YDAZ Employment Opportunity
Posted by Kevin Bondelli on March 18, 2008
Position: Young Democrats of Arizona Chapter Organizers.
Where: One Chapter Organizer based in Maricopa County, and one Chapter Organizer based in Pima County.
Hours: Part time, minimum of 20 hours per week.
Salary: $500 Monthly Stipend.
Job Description: The Young Democrats of Arizona Chapter Organizers report directly to the Executive Director of the Young Democrats of Arizona (YDAZ). The YDAZ Chapter Organizers are responsible for the implementation of projects as assigned on behalf of the Young Democrats of Arizona and the Young Democrats of America. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Chartering new chapters using leads provided by YDAZ, aiding them in finding sponsors and meeting other school requirements,
· Organizing region events including meetings, happy hours, and organizing conventions,
· Developing and maintaining a YDAZ internet membership building strategy,
· Scheduling officer/ staff visits to the new and current chapters as needed,
· Coordinating special projects with chapter leaders as needed,
· Making weekly progress reports to the YDAZ president and ED.
To Apply: Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in working in a political environment, general office knowledge and a winning personality. Applicants must have access to a car, students are welcome to apply.
Resume and cover letter, including references, must be received by 5:00 pm (Arizona time) Friday, April 4th 2008.
Applicants can use the following methods to submit materials:
Fax: 602-298-7117 ATTN: Stan Williams